Leadership Scientific Software (LSSw) Portal
The LSSw portal is dedicated to building community and understanding around the development and sustainable delivery of leadership scientific software. Meeting Series 1 is complete. Slides and recordings are available below. Meeting Series 2 will start in Fall 2022.
- Direct link to Town Hall Zoom Registration Page - TBA. Single registration for second year of meetings.
- Contribute a white paper or reference
- Summary of Past and Upcoming Meetings
- Slides and video from Meeting 10
- Slides and video from Meeting 9
- Slides and video from Meeting 8
- Slides and video from Meeting 7
- Slides and video from Meeting 6
- Slides and video from Meeting 5
- Slides and video from Meeting 4
- Slides and video from Meeting 3
- Slides and video from Meeting 2
- Slides and video from Meeting 1
- Register for LSSw Town Hall Meetings.
The US Department of Energy (DOE) Exascale Computing Project (ECP) is developing many of the important enabling technologies required for obtaining functionality and performance on upcoming exascale computers. As part of this effort, the ECP Software Technology (ST) focus area has established a macro-engineering software lifecycle to plan, execute, track, and assess product development toward the delivery of a curated portfolio of reusable, open-source software products called the Extreme-scale Scientific Software Stack or E4S.
During the final years of ECP, one key objective is to transition our efforts to a sustainable organization and model for continued development and delivery of future capabilities, including incorporation of new scientific software domains, and expansion of the contributor and user communities.
This LSSw portal is dedicated to supporting communication and community building toward the sustainable development and delivery of Leadership Scientific Software.
A Working Definition of Leadership Scientific Software
We define Leadership Scientific Software to be libraries, tools and environments that contribute to scientific discovery and insight in new and emerging computing environments, including supercomputers, large-scale scientific instruments, sensors, and more. More Details
Join the Conversation
We are providing several venues for people interested in learning about and contributing to the LSSw conversation. Please use the following links to connect with this community:
- LSSw.io: The LSSw.io website (which presently redirects to the site LeadershipScientificSoftware.github.io) is the main portal for the LSSw community.
- LSSw Town Hall Meetings: The Exascale Computing Project (ECP) Software Technology (ST) leadership team is sponsoring a series of town hall meetings to discuss the development and sustainable delivery of leadership scientific software. Please visit the main Town Hall meetings page for the schedule and Zoom registration information.
- LSSw Slack Workspace: Join the LSSw Slack Workspace to participate in the LSSw community discussions.
- LSSw Announce Mail List: Join the LSSw Announce mail list to get updates on meetings and related events.
As part of LSSw efforts, we ask the community to make contributions to this website:
- White Papers: Contributed written content to LSSw conversations. We encourage you to write a 2 - 4 page white paper and submit it to the LLSw website via a pull request to the White Papers page.
- References: Relevant published content to inform the LSSw community. Please add a reference to the LSSw website via a pull request to the References page.
- Town Hall Archives: Slides and recordings from previous town hall meetings.