Time: Thursday, March 17, 2022, 3 - 4:30 pm ET
Topic: Scientific Software Ecosystems: A panel discussion
Description: This month we have panelists representing experience with mature scientific software ecosystems:
- Anita Carleton, CMU, SEI
- Lorraine Hwang, UC Davis, CIG
- Elizabeth Sexton-Kennedy, Fermi Lab, HSF
- Andy Terrel, Xometry, NumFocus
- Theresa Windus, Iowa State, MolSSI
In opening remarks, panelists briefly address the following questions from their perspective:
- What is the value proposition of your ecosystem to its developer and user communities?
- What is the business model of your ecosystem (how do people fund their efforts)?
- What are some of the challenges you face in providing value?
- What are your sustainability challenges?
Why attend: To discuss the experience, opportunities and challenges of technical software ecosystems present in other scientific communities.
Video: Zoom Recording