Time: Thursday, November 18, 3 - 4:30 pm ET
Topic: US Agency Use of DOE HPC Software: A panel discussion
Description: This month we have panelists representing the broader scientific software user communities:
- Shawn Brown, Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center
- Jeff Durachta, NOAA
- Alice Koniges, University of Hawai’i Data Science Center
- Piyush Mehrotra, NASA
- Andrew Wissink, US Army
In opening remarks, panelists briefly address the following questions from their perspective:
- How do you and your organization use third-party HPC software, from DOE and elsewhere?
- What is particularly valuable about the DOE-based HPC software you use?
- What can make DOE-based HPC software better?
- What are some issues in the HPC software community that are not being sufficiently addressed right now?
Why attend: To discuss the potential expansion and limits of leadership scientific software.
Video: Zoom Recording