Time: Thursday, October 21, 3 - 4:30 pm ET
Topic: Progress, impediments, priorities and gaps in leadership scientific software: A panel discussion
Description: This month we have five panelists representing DOE software projects with a variety of relationships to leadership scientific software:
- Ann Almgren, Berkeley Lab, PI of the AMReX project
- Todd Gamblin, Lawrence Livermore National Lab, PI of the Spack project
- Paul Kent, Oak Ridge National Lab, PI of the QMCPACK project
- J. David Moulton, Los Alamos National Lab, PI of the IDEAS Watersheds project
- Todd Munson, Argonne National Lab, PI of the PETSc/TAO project
In opening remarks, panelists briefly address the following questions from their perspective:
- In the past few years, how have we improved the development and sustainable delivery of leadership scientific software?
- What are the most important impediments to further improvement?
- What do you see as the most urgent priority activities in planning for a sustainable leadership software ecosystem over the next few years?
- What is missing from the conversation about sustainable leadership scientific software?
Why attend: To discuss the progress, impediments, priorities and gaps in leadership scientific software.
Video: Zoom Recording